What to Wear for your Fishing Charter...
Whenever the time of year, it's wise to dress in layers when we're out on the open water. Even the warmest destinations can experience large drops in temperature offshore. If you’re leaving the dock at 5:30 am you can’t rely on the sun to keep you warm from the start. At the same time, you’re not going to have a lot of shade out there so you need to make sure can take off outer layers if you need to.
- Windbreaker. This will protect you from spray and keep you warm on early morning starts.
- Shorts if it's really warm; long pants if not. Better yet, pants that zip off into shorts.
- Light weight shirt. Wearing a shirt will protect your arms and shoulders from sunburn. Linen is perfect for keeping the heat away from your skin.
- Light colored clothing. This reflects the sun to keep you cool in hot weather.
- Gloves. These will keep your hands protected from sun burn, bad weather and line cuts.
- Non-skid rubber soled shoes. Sneakers are perfect – flip flops aren’t recommended!